By Allison Lane, Recreation Marketing Coordinator
MOUNT PLEASANT, S.C. (Feb. 18, 2019) – Registration for summer camps at the Mount Pleasant Recreation Department will open Monday, Feb. 25, at 8 a.m. Registration is first come, first served and will stay open until camps fill up.
With over 100 camp offerings, and multiple dates and locations, there is something for everyone at the Mount Pleasant Recreation Department.
“We have been working all year to provide our residents with a wide variety of summer camps for all interests,” says Tina Carter, MPRD program coordinator. “We have camps for aspiring athletes, scientists, pilots, dancers, artists, engineers and more. We even have a video game design camp where ages 8-12 will get to design and create their very own video game.”
For a full list of summer camp offerings, residents are encouraged to view the Summer 2019 InMotion Magazine here.
To ensure your registration process goes as smoothly as possible, MPRD has issued six quick tips to follow before, during, and after registration:
- Check your online login information now. If you can’t remember your username or password, call the Mount Pleasant Recreation Department at (843) 884-2528. Phone lines will be busy on registration day, so make sure to check this ahead of time. Note: For those new to Mount Pleasant, you will need to stop by an MPRD facility to register your household and/or any new family members.
- Pick your camps now. Camps will fill up quickly, so make sure to have your activity codes and backup camps picked out now and ready to go on registration day.
- There are two ways to register for camps: online at https://webtrac.tompsc.com or in person at the R.L. Jones Center Monday through Saturday, or the G.M. Darby Building or Park West Programming Building Monday through Friday.
- If you are registering in person, make sure to have your camps and backup camps with activity codes ready to go.
- After registration, make sure to mark you camps and relevant information in your calendar. MPRD will not send out reminders prior to camps starting.
- The week before camps start, make sure to check the location, time, and any required equipment, clothing, and/or materials.
For more tips, updates, and camp highlights, follow the Mount Pleasant Recreation Department on Facebook and Instagram.