MOUNT PLEASANT, SC (July 17, 2017) - Do you live in Mount Pleasant and would you like to be involved in planning the Town’s future? If so, apply today to be part of the Town Comprehensive Plan Planning Forum.
The Forum is a steering committee that is being assembled to help guide the Town through our upcoming Comprehensive Planning process. The Comprehensive Plan is the document that will guide Town Council’s decisions over the upcoming years.
The intent is to select a group of citizens from diverse geographic, demographic, and economic backgrounds to provide guidance and feedback throughout the Comprehensive Planning process.
Forum members will be selected from among applications received with an intent to ensure that the make-up of the Forum is reflective of the Mount Pleasant Community. Every effort will be made to be sure that the members of the Forum represent different:
- Geographic sections of the Planning Area
- Business/professional/vocational interests
- Civic interests
- Demographic groups
Forum members will be expected to:
- Commit to support the process for its duration from September 2017 through the completion of the Plan (Fall 2018).
- Attend all Plan Forum meetings held during the work day (roughly one per month) and Open Houses in the evening (3 over the course of the process).
- Prepare for meetings by reviewing materials provided by consultants and staff.
Apply online HERE or in person at Town Hall at 100 Ann Edwards Lane, Mount Pleasant SC 29464. Deadline to submit your application is August 4, 2017.
For more information contact the Planning Department at email@example.com or call (843) 884-1229.