By John Greenberg, Mount Pleasant Communications and Marketing Coordinator
MOUNT PLEASANT, SC (December 5, 2022) – The Town of Mount Pleasant FY 2023.2024 Application for Accommodations Tax Funding is now open for submissions. The application is for tourism-related projects or cultural events to be held from July 1, 2023, through December 31, 2023. Complete the form and submit it along with all required documents.
All completed applications and supporting documents must be submitted by February 1 by 4:30 p.m. The project presentations will be held at Town Hall on April 5 at 10:00 a.m. Presentations may last no longer than two minutes and 30 seconds. The Accommodations Tax Advisory Committee will review budgets and recommend funding on April 6. The projects will be considered by Town Council for final approval during the May 9 Council Meeting. The organizations receiving funding will be notified shortly after Town Council’s approval.
ABOUT ATAX FUNDING
Accommodations Tax is available under section 6-1-530 of State Law for the following tourism-related expenditures:
- Advertising and promotion related to tourism development.
- Construction, maintenance, or operation of a tourist-related building or facility.
Accommodations Tax is NOT available for the following tourism-related expenditures:
- Promotion of events staged by colleges, senior centers, or local choirs for the participation of locals.
- Cultural programs in the schools.
- Anything that involves a “re-granting” of funds or donation of proceeds.
For a complete listing of eligible and ineligible projects, please refer to the ATAX State Guidelines Summary. Email email@example.com for additional questions on the FY 2023.2024 Application for Accommodations Funding.