MOUNT PLEASANT, S.C. (June 7, 2019) - The Town of Mount Pleasant today launched a new environment-friendly program - the ECO PARTNER Program. The resident-led initiative to recognize businesses that go above and beyond to preserve and protect the environment of Mount Pleasant. A Town-provided window decal will be awarded to nominated businesses that meet the guidelines below.
For a business to become an ECO PARTNER:
- Must comply with the Environmentally Friendly Packaging Ordinance
- A resident of Mount Pleasant must nominate the business by posting a picture of the business’ packaging; tagging @ExperienceMP and the nominated business on social media while using the hashtag #mpECOPARTNER
- The Town will mail the window decal to the business along with recognizing them on the @ExperienceMP Social Media platforms as an ECO PARTNER.
- The business’ leaders will be responsible for the placement of the decal
- The Business Development Office will promote this program through social media, a press release, and possible partnerships with local news platforms