By Martine Wolfe-Miller, Mount Pleasant Communications Manager
MOUNT PLEASANT, SC (January 2, 2018) – The Town of Mount Pleasant facilities will be closed Wednesday, January 3, due to the expected snow and ice impacts of Winter Storm Grayson. The Town is expected to resume normal scheduled activities as early as Thursday, January 4. The Town will inform the public accordingly. The Emergency Operations Center will be activated at 6:00 a.m. on Wednesday, January 3. All emergency personnel and operations will remain active during the storm event.
Please note the following changes to regularly scheduled town activities:
• Due to inclement weather the Mount Pleasant Municipal Court will be closed Wednesday January 3, 2018. All cases will be rescheduled. The court office, once reopened, will send out notification via mail with the new scheduled court date and time.
• Trash and garbage pickup will not occur on Wednesday, January 3 and instead will be on a one-day delay. Pick up due on Wednesday will take place on Thursday, January 4 and pick due on Thursday will take place on Friday, January 5. We invite you to check the Alert Center at www.tompsc.com for up-to-date information.
• The Planning Committee of Council scheduled for tomorrow, January 3, will be rescheduled for Friday, January 5 at 10:30 a.m. View the Calendar at www.tompsc.com.
• The Fire Committee of Council meeting scheduled for tomorrow, January 3, will be rescheduled for Monday, January 8 at 9:00 a.m. View the Calendar at www.tompsc.com.
• All Recreation activities are postponed. Stay tuned at www.rainedout.com.
For more information about Mount Pleasant’s emergency preparedness, follow us at www.tompsc.com, on Facebook or Twitter, or call (843) 884-8517.