MOUNT PLEASANT, SC (September 21, 2017) - The Town of Mount Pleasant Public Services Department offers the following update:
- The Waste Management Division continues to collect vegetative debris on the normal Wednesday route. We hope to finish this route by Saturday morning. When complete we will begin the normal Thursday route.
- As of this morning the Waste Management Division has collected 9,768 Cubic Yards of vegetative debris associated with the storm
- Please ensure that your vegetative debris pile only contains vegetation. If it contains other material like lumber, carpet, metal, etc. we will skip the pile. Non-vegetative debris (trash) must be collected separately. No trash (miscellaneous items other than vegetative debris) will be collected until we complete the first pass for vegetative debris.
- The Waste Management Division is collecting garbage (Town issued container) on the normal schedule.
- Yesterday the Grounds Division finished Sloan Park. Today they are trying to finish the Whipple Road Sports Complex. When they complete the Whipple Road Complex they will finish cleaning the rest of the Towns parks and grounds. We hope to be back on our normal grounds maintenance schedule next week.
- The Grounds Division mowing crews continue their normal schedules.
- The infrastructure Division, Facilities Division, and Stormwater Division continue general recovery operations today.
For more information on storm recovery, visit us online at http://www.tompsc.com.