MOUNT PLEASANT, SC (September 19, 2016) – In celebration of Mount Pleasant’s growing, dynamic business community, Mayor Page has proclaimed this week, September 19 – 23, the 2016 Mount Pleasant Business Appreciation Week. Business Appreciation Week’s goal is to showcase and recognize the success of businesses within the town, while providing them the opportunity to network with each other and connect with their Town leadership.
“Our business citizens are important members of our community and should be celebrated. They create employment opportunities allowing citizens to support their families, reinvest in the community, and achieve their needs and aspirations,” said Mount Pleasant Mayor Linda Page.
This year for Business Appreciation Week, the Town partnered with the Mount Pleasant Business Association and the Moultrie News to honor longstanding Town businesses through Town Anchors, a new, community-sourced awards program. Businesses were nominated online by the community; the nine businesses with the most nominations, fitting the program criteria, were selected as the 2016 Town Anchors.
Congratulations to the winning businesses: Pitt Street Pharmacy, Mount Pleasant Seafood, Advanced Hearing Care, Royall Ace Hardware, Mount Pleasant Animal Hospital, AgentOwned Realty, SeamonWhiteside, Loy Harn Jewelry, and Atkinson Pools & Spas.
Highlights of the 2016 Business Appreciation Week include:
- 9.21.16 Business in Your Backyard featuring Mayor Linda Page, Entrepreneur (7:30-9am at Alhambra Hall) | Charleston Metro Chamber of Commerce + Town of Mount Pleasant
- 9.22.16 Mount Pleasant Business & Community Expo (Omar Shrine) | Mount Pleasant Business Association + Town of Mount Pleasant
- Town Administrator's Mobile Office Hours (1-2pm)
- Exhibit Floor Open (2-7pm)
- Coffee with the Mayor (4-5pm)
- Happy Hour with Live Music (5-7pm)
- A daily celebration of the 2016 Town Anchors on the Town of Mount Pleasant Facebook page
About the Town of Mount Pleasant
The Town of Mount Pleasant’s Economic Development mission is to advance the Town’s quality of life by fostering an economic environment that is vibrant, favorable to job creation, and promotes the general prosperity of the community. For more information on the Town of Mount Pleasant, visit us online at www.tompsc.com, view our videos on the Media Channel, subscribe to our news with Notify Me, like us on Facebook, follow us @MtPleasantBiz and download our Apps “Experience Mount Pleasant” and “ConnectMP.”
Amy L. Livingston
Business Development Officer
firstname.lastname@example.org | 843.884.8517